- You must be of the age of majority in your jurisdiction of legal residence.
- By making a submission to us, you represent and warrant that: (a) you have the authority to submit the film for our consideration; and (b) your submission is made without any condition of secrecy or confidentiality; and (c) your submitted film contains no material that (i) infringes upon any third-party right and/or (ii) is defamatory, indecent, hate speech, excessive violence, slanderous or libellous, or contains any other actionable offences and/or (iii) violates any applicable law; and (d) you have obtained all the necessary rights (including music rights), consents, authorizations and licenses in respect of the film; and (e) there is no pending or anticipated litigation regarding the film; and (f) the film is a non-fiction/documentary or a fiction/narrative short film with duration of 40 minutes of less; and (g) the film must not be in the public domain, and must be validly registered for copyright (if applicable). You further agree that you will indemnify Shorts International Limited, and its affiliates, successors, licensees and assigns against any and all claims arising out of your breach of any of your representations or warranties hereunder.
- We are under no obligation to review submitted material.
- Whilst we try to respond to all submissions, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we may only respond to those that we are interested to acquire, in which case, we will contact you and negotiate with you in good faith the terms and conditions of such desired exploitation.
- We have no obligation to you or your submission and you have no claim whatsoever based on such submission.
- Whilst we accept submissions from people all over the world, you acknowledge that our website is based in the UK and your submission to us shall be governed by English law under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- You acknowledge and agree that SIL makes no claim that the submission features of our website are appropriate for any particular purpose or audience, or that any video, software or submission features are totally secure. Any submission you make is at your own risk.
- If any provision of this agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver of any term of this agreement will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and SIL’s failure to assert any right or provision under this agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- This agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Updated 3rd May 2018.