ShortsTV acquires much acclaimed short films from Terribly Tiny Tales
The popular films ‘Kheer’, ‘Deuce’ and ‘El’ayichi’ will be aired on TATA Sky ShortsTV this month
ShortsTV, the world’s only TV channel dedicated to short films, has acquired 18 shorts from Terribly Tiny Tales (TTT).
The service features the best short movies from India and around the world, including hours of award-winning movies. This acquisition will further bolster ShortsTV’s repertoire of Indian shorts and offer an opportunity for the burgeoning audience of short films in India to enjoy some of the commended films such as ‘Kheer’ and ‘El’ayichi’, among others, on television for the first time.
Sharing details on the same, Mr. Carter Pilcher, Chief Executive of Shorts International Ltd said, “TTT is one of India’s largest and most celebrated storytelling platforms and we are delighted to partner with them. Each film is a simply narrated beautiful story and I am confident that they will receive a warm response from our audience.”
He further added, “We are the largest curator of short form content in the world and aim to help viewers easily find the best short movies by packaging them in a viewer-friendly manner and a commercial free environment. This acquisition of films from TTT is a step towards our endeavour to feature the best short films from India on our service.”
Anuj Gosalia, CEO of Terribly Tiny Tales said, “Partnering with ShortsTV is a great way for TTT to bring our memorable short stories to a new and relevant audience. ShortsTV is a reputed curator of the world’s finest shorts and for our films to find a place in their catalogue is a win for the stories we choose to tell. We see this as a long standing and meaningful partnership as we move ahead.”
- ShortsTV is operated by Shorts International Ltd, the world’s leading short movie entertainment company
- With over 5,000 titles, Shorts International has the world’s largest library of shorts available on TV, online and in theatres, including award-winning and star-studded live action, animated and documentary shorts from around the world
- ShortsTV is the world’s only 24/7 HD TV channel dedicated to short movies. It is available in approximately 70 million households across the US, India, Latin America, the Netherlands, Belgium and Serbia
- In 2018, ShortsTV launched the ShortsTV App which marries the linear ShortsTV feed with the functionality of the Internet, at the click of a button on a viewer’s remote control. Using advanced machine-learning algorithm technology, the ShortsTV App enables viewers to either watch TV or to create, control and personalize their own TV channel, engineered to their desired genres or moods
- Online, ShortsTV offers hundreds of the world’s best independent shorts for download on iTunes in 92 countries, as well as on Amazon Instant Video (UK, US and Germany), Google Play (US and Canada) and Verizon and Frontier (US)
- Since 2006, Shorts International has exclusively presented the ‘Oscar Nominated Short Films’ theatrical release in cinemas across the US, South America, Europe, Australia and South Africa
- Shorts International is headquartered in London, England with offices in Los Angeles and Mumbai. The company is led by Carter Pilcher, Chief Executive, and is owned by Shorts Entertainment Holdings, with AMC Networks as a significant minority shareholder