Following the highly successful release of its annual Oscar® Nominated Short Films this past February, ShortsTV today announced Stars in Shorts, a celebrity-packed release of short movies featuring some of the world’s most recognized and celebrated stars. The program, opening in theatres beginning September 28th, is a tour de force of award winning talent including Colin Firth, Judi Dench, Kenneth Branagh, Keira Knightley, Julia Stiles, Wes Bentley, Jason Alexander, Lily Tomlin and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Prepare to laugh out loud, to be shocked and to love the endearingly quirky as they bring you some of your favorite stars as you’ve never seen them before.
The seven incredible short movies showcased in ShortsTV™’s Stars in Shorts include:
• The Procession – Starring Lily Tomlin and Jessie Tyler Ferguson. Tomlin and Ferguson are
mother and son who get lost on their way to a burial in this laugh out loud, side-splitting
• Steve – Starring Keira Knightley, Colin Firth. In Steve, Firth portrays an unusually needy
neighbor to an exasperated Keira Knightley in this intriguing and quirky movie.
• Sexting – Starring Julia Stiles, directed by Neil LaBute. Stiles gives a standout performance as
a young woman fed up with her relationship with a married man in this Neil LaBute comedy.
• Not Your Time – Starring Jason Alexander. Jason Alexander is an aspiring Hollywood
screenwriter at the end of his rope in this engaging musical comedy.
• Prodigal – Starring Kenneth Branagh and Jennifer Morrison. Parents of a paranormal child
enact a dangerous plan to free her from the frightening grip of a clandestine organization in
this suspense-filled sci-fi thriller.
• After School Special – Starring Wes Bentley, Sarah Paulson and written by Neil LaBute. A man
and a woman have an awkward encounter at an indoor playground in this Neil LaBute
penned slice-of-life starring Sarah Paulson and Wes Bentley.
• Friend Request Pending – Starring Judi Dench and Tom Hiddleston. Judi Dench captures your
heart while trying to navigate the complicated landscape of internet dating.
“Stars in Shorts brings audiences some of the most entertaining acting performances they will see this year. With all the varnish of Hollywood stripped away, this is riveting story-telling and raw talent at work,” said Carter Pilcher, Chief Executive of ShortsTV. “We’re thrilled to be bringing such talented filmmaking to theaters across America.”
Stars in Shorts, a collection of short movies, follows the success of the annual release of “The Oscar® Nominated Short Films”, which has become a key fixture of the awards season and charted a spectacular 800% growth in attendance since its inception in 2006. Stars in Shorts’ theatrical release will be followed by release on iTunes and on Cable & Satellite Pay Per View on October 9th, making each film available in 54 countries across the globe on mobile devices, DirectTV, and AT&T U-verse.
A list of participating theaters premiering Stars in Shorts can be seen by visiting www.shorts.tv/starsinshorts, or by checking your local theater listings.